Can you change your body in two weeks?

Sunday, August 21, 2011

istock
In this month's GLAMOUR, features writer Scarlett Russell reports on how she handled an intense 2-week workout devised by celeb personal trainer Matt Robert, taken from his new book,I Will Make You Fit Fast. The full feature can be read in the magazine, but here's a peek at how she got on - and a 'sample day' from the gruelling workout.
Scarlett says: "I figure I'm pretty healthy - I work out three times a week - so I'm surprised when Matt measures me and says my overall body fat is 27%. It should be below 26% for my age (26) and height (5ft 5 ins). Armed with his new book, I hit the gym."
1. Cardio
Running/walking recommended
40 secs at 85% MHR
rest for 20 seconds
repeat 10 times for a total of 10 minutes
Resistance (PHA Training)
Weighted Squats 12 RM
Press-Ups to failure p
Alternating Lunges 20 RM each leg
Tricep Dips to failure
complete this circuit of exercises twice
rest for 20 seconds between circuits
repeat step 1.
 
2. Resistance
Hamstring Curls 20 reps
Upright Row 10 RM p1
Walking Lunges 20 RM each leg
Lateral Raises 12 RM
complete this circuit of exercises twice
rest for 20 seconds between circuits
repeat step 1.
 
3. Abs/Core Training
Ab Crunches 30 reps
Oblique Crunches 30 reps
Plank 40secs
Oblique Plank 40secs
 
The verdict:
"I had 12 sessions in 14 days, similar to the workout here but all varying in types and intensity of exercises (some sessions focused purely on cardio, others far more on weights. I also stuck to Matt's strict diet (no sugar or alcohol, lots of protein and veg). I was knackered and sore after just two days, but the results made it (sort of) all worthwhile. I lost 3cm from my waist, 2cm from my hips, 4cm from each thigh, 1cm from my arms and my overall body fat dropped by 4%!"
I Will Make You Fit Fast, £11.69, is out May 3rd

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
My Lifestyle © 2011 | Designed by Interline Cruises, in collaboration with Interline Discounts, Travel Tips and Movie Tickets