Is This "Super Candy" Really Healthy?

Monday, August 22, 2011

By Sarah Jio, Glamour magazine

I get a lot of interesting pitches from publicists, but the recent email about a new candy that is so healthful it's called "super candy" (think: super foods), really caught my attention. And, I recently had a chance to try some! My thoughts...

Related:
 12 Secret Signs He's Into You

I'm not a big candy eater, but there's nothing wrong with an occasional sweet treat (like on Halloween, when I tend to have a weakness for, ahem, Nestle Crunch Bars!). And, recent research has even found that candy eaters are slimmer (yes, I'm still baffled). But, when I heard about a new line of so-called "super candy" called Snap Infusion, I was intrigued.

The various flavors include "Mel," which are smooth, creamy caramels, "Tart," which are sort of like sour-sweet candies like Sweet Tarts, and "Gum," which is, yes, gum.

Related: 21 Flirty Little Date Outfit Ideas

All are made without any icky ingredients, and are said to contain B vitamins for energy, antioxidants and even electrolytes. And, most are sweetened with xylitol, a natural sugar-like substance that is actually good for your teeth.

The verdict? Yum! While I do think the term "super candy" is a bit of a stretch, I do think it's about time that candy got a healthy makeover, and these treats are fun.

Are you a candy-loving gal? What's your favorite vice?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
My Lifestyle © 2011 | Designed by Interline Cruises, in collaboration with Interline Discounts, Travel Tips and Movie Tickets