Found: Drugstore Makeup That's Just as Good as Department Store Products

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Love a good bargainWho doesn't?! But when it comes to makeup, I normally don't like to cheap out. These products are going on my faceafter all, which I kinda like and want to keep looking good. So I'm not about to slap any old dollar store foundation or blush on -- I need a little reassurance that the discount makeup I try is still high quality. Especially when I already know there are these majorly bad drugstore products out there (shudder). 

That's why I challenged a few makeup experts to show me cheapie products that are just as good as my usual splurge makeup. Turns out, there's a slew of drugstore finds that are near-identical matches for makeup counter bestsellers -- which means you can save some major cash without any risks to your complexion.

I can't say I won't ever again succumb to luxury products that are worth every penny, but at least I'll have some cash saved up because I'll be buying off the list below. 

More from TotalBeauty.com:

PrevNext
photos 1 – 5 of 5
    • Foundation
    • Eyeliner
    • Eyeshadows
    • Mascara
    • Blush/Bronzer
photo 1 of 5

Foundation

The splurge: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, $59 
The bargain: CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation, $10 
Money saved: $49 
Why you'll love it: "As much as I love the amazing Armani foundation, CoverGirl's NatureLuxe Silk Foundation is just as good," says Miami-based makeup artist Marissa Nemes. "It has similar benefits while adding sun protection, and its oil free/paraben free formula is lightweight, smoothes out imperfections, and leaves the skin looking flawless and polished."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
My Lifestyle © 2011 | Designed by Interline Cruises, in collaboration with Interline Discounts, Travel Tips and Movie Tickets